July 13, 2005

Cover Letter Magic: Four Ways to ASK For A Job Interview–and Get It

Those of you, who are still job-hunting, should read the following article. Have you ever heard of the name Jimmy Sweeney? He's one of the world's top job search experts who's famous for his amazing, "think outside the box" strategies that have helped thousands of men and women land their dream jobs faster and easier than ever before. Read what he has to say:

FOUR Surefire Ways To Ask For The Job Interview
Effectively

by Jimmy Sweeney
Amazing Cover Letters


1. Attract attention with a great HEADLINE in BOLD CAPS right below the greeting in your cover letter.

MAY WE MEET IN PERSON TO DISCUSS THIS POSITION?

2. Focus on your qualifications in the beginning of your letter.
With this letter, I'm putting all my cards on the table! I feel certain I'm the applicant best suited to this position. I'd welcome the opportunity to meet you in person so we can discuss what I will do for you and your company. Meanwhile, here are some of the responsibilities I've held over the past five years.

3. Be specific about time in your final paragraph.
I'd like to schedule an interview with you in the next two weeks. What day and time work best for you? I promise to keep our meeting short and specific.

4. Communicate enthusiasm at the end of your letter.
I'm excited about meeting you in person to discuss my qualifications. You can reach me any time on my cell phone: 555-555-5555.

Give up waiting and hoping. These “ask for the interview” examples will land you quality meetings that bring results! Take charge of your future now by asking for what you want.

Jimmy Sweeney is the president of CareerJimmy and author of the new, "Amazing Cover Letter Creator." Jimmy has written several career-related books and his unique articles are always a job-seeker favorite. Who else wants their phone ringing off the hook with more quality job interviews? Visit Jimmy at this special web page right now for your 'instant' cover letter today! ("Amazing Cover Letters")